Question
Posted by: Concern Headaches | 2007/12/04

Concern Headaches

Hi Dr i am a bit concernd i have terrible headaches going down to the back of my neck with that i get this bitter taste in my mouth with sometimes dizzyness and a vomiting feeling? Kindly advise what this might be and what test do you recomend i do to find the cause of this. Many Thanks

Dear Concern Headaches
It sounds as if you are getting neck muscle spasm with tension type headaches. This can cause nausea and dizziness if severe. Ask your Doctor to examine you and refer you to a physiotherapist for treatment if needed.
The bitter taste in your mouth could also be due to post nasal drip or allergies.

1
Posted by: Terena | 2009/03/11

I have been getting very painful headaches, usually at the top of my head for a few weeks now. At times, I feel a bit dizzy and nauseous. I sometimes take a pain tablet or two but it doesnt seem to work that well. At first I though it was because I was in an airconditioned environment and the temperature was always changed. Sometimes high and then someone would change it again. I was in this environment for 2 weeks and i did start from the 3rd day or so. Now, I am not in an environment where there is an airconditioner but I still have the same headaches and feel dizzy too. What should I do?

Reply to Terena