Question
Posted by: Anon28 | 2007/03/13

Conception & exercise

Hi, we're trying to become pregnant (both 28) and I would like to know if it I should stop with heavy exercise (mountain biking) between the period after ovulation (when trying to conceive) and when my period should or could begin. Could my type of exercise prevent conception and imbedding of the egg? I don't want to sit around and do nothing, but don't want to risk loosing the chance of becoming pregnant due to exercise stress (body heat, exhaustion, dehydration, bumpy dirt roads).

As long as you are ovulating, you can continue with the exercise. The only problem with lots of strenuous exercise is that it can prevent ovulation.