Question
Posted by: Thoby!! | 2006/11/06

Conception after miscarriage???

Hi there Doc.

I had a miscarriage in August 21st, my doctor told me to wait at least 6 weeks before trying again for pregnancy. Its been 2 months now, i still haven't conceived. I'm getting worried now. Is this normal or should i consult with my Gynae? Also please give me a reason as to why its taking me so long to conceive especially since i had my womb cleaned after the miscarriage. Is it something to do with hormones? I just don't understand the delay, my husband and i are really worried now. Please help.

It is a very short time to have tried to conceive. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.