Question
Posted by: Thoby | 2006/11/03

Conception after miscarriage???

Hi there Doc.

I had a miscarriage in August 21st, my doctor told me to wait at least 6 weeks before trying again for pregnancy. Its been 2 months now, i still haven't conceived. I'm getting worried now. Is this normal or should i consult with my Gynae? Also please give me a reason as to why its taking me so long to conceive especially since i had my womb cleaned after the miscarriage. Is it something to do with hormones? I just don't understand the delay, my husband and i are really worried now. Please help.

Dear Thoby

I presume what the doctor meant was that ovulation would return within the first 6 weeks of a miscarriage and that your attempt at conception is only meaningful beyond that stage. However the definition of infertility still applies and that is failure to conceive after a period of 9 months to one year of unprotected intercourse. Therefore it may take you as long as 9 months to one year before you would conceive again. I therefore suggest that you be patient and in the interim consider ovulation monitoring and timed intercourse to facilitate the process.

2
Posted by: Janine | 2006/11/03

Hi Thoby

You have to be more patient, with the Fertility Expert as well as your body. Two month's isn't long at all. It could take a perfectly fertile couple a year to conceive.

What worries me much more than the fact that you haven't conceived in the 2 month's since you D&C is the fact that you say your marriage depends on the Fertility Expert's respone... Why? Your husband needs to understand that you cannot force this, the more you try the least likely you are to succeed.

Good Luck!

Reply to Janine
Posted by: Thoby | 2006/11/03

Please respond to 669, my marriage depends on it please!

Reply to Thoby