Question
Posted by: FH | 2004/09/27

Conception

Hi all

How soon after conception should the nausea start, on average ? The reason I ask is because my wife has been feeling quite nauseous the past week and her next period is only due in about a weeks time. We have been active for the last 2 weeks, probably every second day or so, taking into consideration the 'fertile days' 11 onwards.

Is it possible to feel any symptoms so soon ? And also how soon can we try a HPT ? We obviously don't want to get our hopes up just to have them shattered again.

Any comments welcome.

Some nausea can happen before the missed period but lots of other things could cause nausea also. I suggest wait and if she misses her period then do a pregnancy test