Posted by: Helen | 2009/03/30

Concentration Problems

Hi Doc,

I am a 22 year old female and I am battling to concentrate. I' ve always had a wondering mind but it' s getting bad now and it' s affecting my work. My mother has adult ADD and my younger sister was treated with ADHD (it runs in my family). But I don' t think it' s that because it' s only been getting bad in the past few months.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Helen
Have yourself tested by a doctor to see if there are any physical problems causing these symptoms. You may have side effects from medication, unrestful sleep, psychological causes like anxiety and depression, hormonal causes like low thyroid hormone, iron deficiency etc. If needed he will refer you to a specialist for further treatment.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.