Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2007/06/04

Concentration in chidlren

I have been told that for children battling with concentration problems it is good to start them on the omega oils. I have also heard that zinc is very good for concentration, please can you advise me if this is true or not and what sort of dose should one give to a 6 and 10 year old. Both are on the omega oils and have been for some time. Hope I have given sufficient information for a reply.

Tracy

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Tracy
See http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/omega-3-000316.htm
I think you should maybe ask dietdoc on health 24 website as I am not sure about the dosages for children ( or your pediatrician?)
In one of the clinical trials in Australia they gave the kids 3000 mg per day of Omega 3 and 6. Zinc is a trace mineral and if you give them a multivit with zinc in it, it should be sufficient.