Question
Posted by: megan | 2007/03/21

concentration

Hi doc! Thank you for the reply - i also asked if you could please suggest the name of a good doctor in pretoria?
And i also asked - can i simply asked my GP to prescribe these tablets for me?
I look forward to your reply

Hi Megan
Yes you can just ask your GP. The best way to find a good doctor is to talk to colleagues and family to find out who really spends time with their patients and make good diagnosis. I can't really highlight one specific doctor for you? Things to look at are:
Do they listen to you?
Do they spend enough time EXAMINING you - some don't even take your Bloodpressure!
Do they prescribe medication to treat the symptoms or the problem?
Do they ever follow-up if they are worried about something?