Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/10/19

Concentration

hello cybershrink

I have such a hard time concentrating or keeping focus on one thing for a long time which makes me lose interest in something very quick - i will start a book and only read a chapter and then get bored or lose interest. It just seem very hard for me to concentrate aswell.

I can do things like dance forever but if i have to concentrate on reading, writing or doing something that really interest me like alternative healing ect i cant seem to keep my focus or concentrate.

Its really annoys me.

any ideas...........

Hi Kasandra,
sounds like prolonged concentration on a physical task isn't a problem for you, but concentrating at length on a more mental task, is. Try breaking up each of these tasks into smaller, bite-size pieces. Pause after each one, and take a small reward or rest. And as BEE wisely saysm see my reply to posting 11911.

4
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/20

Hi Kasandra,

I like to add, I think it's quite evident that you enjoy dancing otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it forever... Also, it is only approximately 3/4 minutes then another song plays, so in a way you always have something to look forward to.

Maybe you can try something similar with your reading etc. Like maybe say to yourself, I don't care how boring this book is but I'm only gonna put it down after 10 pages. At the same time, may I also suggest that seeing as you're trying to find something that captures your interest, why not try a whole lot of things, including things you haven't done before, & maybe even some of your very own ideas... Mind you, nothing illegal though!!!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck Kasandra,
Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/10/20

Thanks Bee

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: BEE | 2004/10/20

See CS reply on posting 11911.

Reply to BEE
Posted by: me | 2004/10/19

huh, no.

Reply to me