Question
Posted by: No idea | 2007/03/29

Concentrated urine

Hi there Doc!

For the last two days I have been excreting extremely concentrated urine. There are a few confusing things about this. The first one is that it is very lumionous in colour (not just dark yellow) and even though I do take a multivitamin, this happens throughout the day and not just immediately after I take the vitamin - like normally. Also, the only things I have drunk besides water is a 1/2 glass of orange jiuce and a cup of rooibos tea - and thats in the last 3 days! I have also been eating all the food groups, but cut down on fat and onyl eat the recommened portions of carbs a day.
Do have have any idea what could be causing my urine to be so concentrated?

Dear Reader
Urine becomes concentrated if you do not drink adequate amounts of liquid (but you do seem to drink sufficient) or because of kidney problems. It may be a good idea to have a medical checkup if this condition persists because you could have an infection which will require medical treatment.