Question
Posted by: Lady Luck | 2004/10/12

Conceiving Date

Hi I would like to know if you are pregnant on the 14/09/04 for 5 weeks when did you actually conceive as some people say the pregnancy goes undetected for 2 weeks is this true.
Please could you reply.

Lady Luck, we usually count from the first day of your last menstruation. So, if we say you are 5 weeks pregnant it implies that you’re actually 3 weeks pregnant because you can only fall pregnant when you ovulate and this happens 2 weeks after the first day of your menstruation. In other words the day of conception was two weeks after the first day of your last menstruation or three weeks back from the 14th – more or less the 24th of August. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.