Question
Posted by: sa man | 2008/01/09

con artist

I left a girl on the 13/04/07 she in the meantime fell pregnant. The baby is due on 28/01/08 which is 43 three weeks after we broke up. Is there a chance that this kid could be mine?

Dear SA Man

If the due date is definitely 28 January 2008, this would imply that her last menstrual period would have been around the 22 April and the date of conception would probably be the first week of May.

6
Posted by: magdalene | 2008/01/14

Sa Man, sorry, was upset and I apologise- dealing with someone that is running away from his responsibilities - he is the father and wont accept it - the baby is suffering so much - Please accept my apologies. Good luck

Reply to magdalene
Posted by: sa man | 2008/01/14

Thanks to everybody for your input on this matter. Just to set the record straight Magdalene i am a man and will face my responsibiltities if it is mine. Does anybody know where i can get these test done and what the cost involved are.

Reply to sa man
Posted by: JvdW | 2008/01/11

Yup, 43 weeks is way way too long for a pregnancy. Magdalene, I know of many women who use babies as traps and would it be fair on SA Man if it wasn't his baby??? No where in his post did he indicate he wanted to run away, he just wanted know if there was a possibility the child could be his!

I reckon the best and only way would be to insist on a paternity test once the LO is born.

Good luck!

Reply to JvdW
Posted by: NO | 2008/01/11

My kid was born on the 19th of January and I conceived her between the 3 and 5 of May. I was 40 weeks pregnant when I gave birth to her. If you are talking the truth when you say you parted on the 13/04/07 you are not the father. I'm not a professional but I know what I'm talking about.

Reply to NO
Posted by: Magdalene | 2008/01/10

If you slept with her, be man enough to take responsibility. It could be your baby. You know what, you two had a relationship, you had sex - the outcome usually is a baby (if it was unprotected sex) - so many people would kill to have one and you try to run away!! Sorry if i sound harsh - but who's fault is it now?? the child is the one that dont 'belong'!! Don't do it to the little one, please. Sort it out between the two of you like adults.

Reply to Magdalene
Posted by: Dee | 2008/01/09

When was the last time you slept with her? It is unlikely to be yours as a normal pregnancy is 38-40 weeks.

Reply to Dee