Posted by: nicky | 2011/09/16

compressed fracture

hi there..

in may i had a nervous breakdown and fell, i dont know how, but the ambulance took me out on a stretcher and brace, the conditions at the state hospital were horrific and the people chaning the sheets there forced my back up and i screamed in agony. i went to a chiropractor and they took xrays where i have a compressed fracture... what exactly does that mean and if i go to a state hospital i have to wait 8 mnths before they can see me... is there anything i can do in the meantime, like some kind of exercise as im paining profusely....

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

For a compression fracture of your spine you should consult an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible. Exercises may make it worse so do not do them. We must accept that the treatment at most state hospitals are most unsatisfactory so you may need to see a private orthopedic specialist

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.