Question
Posted by: Mark | 2007/04/16

"comprehensive stool analysis"

Please could you suggest a dietician who works with a lab that does "comprehensive stool analysis". I would like to check the condition of the flora in my tummy as I feel I have malabsorbtion issues. Thank you.

Dear Mark
For obvious reasons I cannot refer you directly, but you can visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. You will then have to ask the dietitian if she can refer you to a Pathology Lab for the comprehensive stool analysis. The dietitian will assist you with the correct diet and suggest the use of the correct probiotics if you do suffer from malabsorption.