Question
Posted by: meme | 2003/03/18

complications

I would like to have the excess skin of my labia majora trimmed/cut off.
Would this be a big procedure ( approx. how long?) and would there be serious complications thereafter.
Can it be performed in the doctors surgery or would this type of operation be more intense and involved?Also how long would i have to stay off from work?

Please help?

This would involve an operation under anaesthetic and would have to be done in a theatre. It would take about half an hour and you would be off work for about a week, but may be sore for a while thereafter.
As with all operations there is the risk of bleeding, infection or anaesthetic complications. Specific to this procedure, there is a small chance of scarring with painful sex thereafter.