Posted by: Brian | 2007/08/24


I hurt my hand while on my way to work, i had to swerve out for a taxi, resulting in me hurting my wrist, I tried to report the injury but was told that one is not covered on the way to work, this happened a few years ago, subsequently I had to have an operation on my wrist because gout has attacked the wrist eating away at the bone, now what can I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

All employees should be governed by the Workman's Compensation Commissioner and if you hurt your hand while on the way to work you would be covered.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: shandy01 | 2007/09/13

husband passed away from lung cancer.First diagnosed with mesothelioma.Had never smoked but worked in the motor industry where he was in and out of workshops...could this have contributed to his cancer?

Reply to shandy01
Posted by: Brian | 2007/08/28

I would like to know if it is still possible to report the accident now, even though it happened almost 3 years ago after being told that i could not claim.

Reply to Brian

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.