Question
Posted by: Brian | 2007/08/24

Compensation

I hurt my hand while on my way to work, i had to swerve out for a taxi, resulting in me hurting my wrist, I tried to report the injury but was told that one is not covered on the way to work, this happened a few years ago, subsequently I had to have an operation on my wrist because gout has attacked the wrist eating away at the bone, now what can I do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

All employees should be governed by the Workman's Compensation Commissioner and if you hurt your hand while on the way to work you would be covered.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM

2
Posted by: shandy01 | 2007/09/13

husband passed away from lung cancer.First diagnosed with mesothelioma.Had never smoked but worked in the motor industry where he was in and out of workshops...could this have contributed to his cancer?

Reply to shandy01
Posted by: Brian | 2007/08/28

I would like to know if it is still possible to report the accident now, even though it happened almost 3 years ago after being told that i could not claim.

Reply to Brian