Question
Posted by: Liezl | 2007/03/27

Companion for Wired hair fox terrier

I would like to find out what type of dog/pet I can buy as companion for my wired hair fox terrier? She is about 4 months old and I have no other pets. I have read that they are not very good with other pets as they will fight with other dogs (even big dogs) and with smaller pets (and I quote) "will hunt them down and kill them". Is this true? She has socialised with other dogs and there were no problems. Can you please give me advice? Also, should it be male?

Thank you!

Liezl

Not necessarily a male but a neutered animal. A small crossbreed will probaly be a good companion. Introduce them slowly.

2
Posted by: Liezl | 2007/03/27

Thank you for the quick responses!! Much appreciated!!

Reply to Liezl
Posted by: carla | 2007/03/27

hi liezl

i have a wired hair jack russel, female. i got her when she was 3 months old and had a cat at home. they were the best of friends...they loved each other!! she only got on wtih one female dog and that was a lab, but she gets on better with male dogs. she did at one point run after and attack other big dogs as jack russells think they are big :) we have a male boerboel and a male short hair jack russel and we haven't had any problems at all. i found that when i moved back home, she and the boerboel would chase my cat as the boerboel had never been around cats. he later killed my kitty. you shouldn't have a problem with other pets, make sure they are male though

Reply to carla