Posted by: Blondie | 2009/10/20

Common Law

Although I own my own house, I have been living with someone for around 1 year now. I am suspecting an affair is happening under my roof and I want to know what my legal rights are. We are not married.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Blondie,

you may contact me for a legal referral:

But it seems if you are not married and own your house that there shouldn't be any cause for concern.

Have you suspicions been confirmed?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2009/10/30

Unless you have plenty of money to spend to try and prove that you have been hurt.....move on.

Reply to Anon
Posted by: Blondie | 2009/10/28

Yes they have been confirmed. I am more asking if I can sue them for pain and suffering or the like as this has been going on under the same roof that I have been living in ... and she is FULLY aware that I live there.

Reply to Blondie
Posted by: Blondie | 2009/10/23

I am more wanting to know if I have any legal recourse against the two of them ...

Reply to Blondie
Posted by: Master J | 2009/10/21

Kick the bastard where the sun dont shine,Just be sure of your suspisions.

Reply to Master J
Posted by: Anon | 2009/10/20

Just kick him out. Why do we even have to hesitate. You deserve better and if you are not married he has no claim. Wake up girl.

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.