Question
Posted by: fat thighs | 2007/11/29

Comment on diet please

Thanks for the advice you provide on this forum. I started on a diet last week. Just want you opinion on it. I have about 20kg to loose. I am obese, 31 yrs, 1,53m and weigh 77. I am changing my life.

Breakfast : 175ml fatfree yogurt
coffee with fatfree milk and sweetner

Lunch : 4 crackerbread with shaved ham/turkey/beef and salad

supper : chicken breast/beef/ostrich/fish and veg and small salad
3 fruit and 3.5 litres of water during the day.

please give your opinion.

Dear Reader
I am glad to hear that you are taking steps to help you lose weight and to change your life. The diet you describe should definitely cause weight loss. I would just add and additional 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to your daily intake to ensure that you are getting sufficient calcium (adult women need 1000 mg per day and increasing calcium intake can aid weight loss). Don't overdo your liquid intake as adults only need to drink about 2,5 litres of liquid per day - overdoing the intake can cause electrolyte imbalances because your kidneys may wash important minerals like potassium sodium and magnesium out of your system. Once you start losing weight do try and add some exercise to your daily routine as this also promotes weight loss.
Best of luck with your new life