Question
Posted by: me | 2007/05/11

coming back to SA after 2 years in UK

I am coming back to SA after 2 years in london.

Any positive things to come back to? all i hear is negative things.

As you have decided tocome back, presumably you already know what attracts you to return, and what you will enjoy here

11
Posted by: Sweet tooth | 2007/05/12

I am currently out of the country, living and working in Saudi Arabia. I am coming back after 3 yrs away, and I cant wait! I've been home to visit several times, but I was also fortunate enough to travel to the UK and USA. Please folks of RSA, if you think we the only country with crime, think again. It even happens here in Saudi where supposedly your hand will be chopped off if you steal. As a nation, we have to quit talking about all the negatives where the whole world can hear us. For crying out loud, why when I go on the net to catch up on news, there's nothing that celebrates the optimism and hope that should be in our country that is alive with possibility??? Please, the press, and the people, stop complaining. The USA have lots of crime, but they do not spend all their energy talking and complaining about it, instead they focus on good things and they report on positive issues more than the crime. I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about the crime, but we shouldn't make the the sole focus of conversation and press.... we have great weather, great people, and I'm sure wonderful victories over the odds that we should celebrate. I'm coming home, and I'm looking FORWARD to it. I love my country and I dont want to hear about crime bla bla bla.

Reply to Sweet tooth
Posted by: ig | 2007/05/11

SA is great. We have crime but we have a beautiful country. The overseas bunch also have crime and not to mention really strange people. Come back - u will see how much u have missed it

Reply to ig
Posted by: Maria | 2007/05/11

I also spent almost two years in the UK and then came back. You know what? I loved being back. I missed my family, my friends, my language, the sun, South African humour... Yes there is a lot of things wrong with our country, but there is also a lot to be grateful for.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Lady | 2007/05/11

Paul you an idiot, the UK has murderers, rapists, psychos and many others, and as for intelligence, please. I taught there for two years and the intellegence cant be regarded as LARGE.
Yes it takes time to adjust back home, but we too have nice places and safer places, along with the ghettos and slums, just like the UK.

Reply to Lady
Posted by: Paul | 2007/05/11

What on earth would you want to come back here for - i'm sure it only takes about a year to adjust

you are in a country with largely intelligent people - why waste your time coming back
think long and hard about it and best wishes

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Lady | 2007/05/11

There is crime but, so there is also in the UK and all over the world. SA has loads of potential, we just have to all allow it to happen and be practive instead of just moaning.
Why not come home and make a differece?

Reply to Lady
Posted by: me | 2007/05/11

Well, I can imagine that it is safer in canada. sad that our home country is full of crime.

Reply to me
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/11

well a collegue that as born in Uganda and has lived in Zambia and Canada says that this is the worst for crime?

Reply to RMC
Posted by: C. | 2007/05/11

Well, I'm here.

Reply to C.
Posted by: Lynne | 2007/05/11

I suppose it is like most things in life: if you focus on the negative, sure as damnit that is what you will find.........
Maybe try looking for the positives?

Reply to Lynne
Posted by: ya | 2007/05/11

We have lots of sunny weather

Reply to ya