Question
Posted by: Sue | 2004/11/08

Comfrey

I bought comfrey from a local health store to use for general health.

This morning I did some web research on comfrey and was shocked. It has been banned in Canada, and most sites advise against the internal use thereof.

Can you please comment?

Expert ImageNatural health

Hello Sue

When we use what God has made for us in the correct way, it has many beneficial effects. The moment we change it, the effect changes. What happened with comfrey is, it is a very beautiful medicinal plant that has many health benefits but it was overused and used in large quantities resulting in side effects in some people. Tinctures of comfrey or comfrey tablets and tea are not available any more. External applications of comfrey can still be found. A few pieces of fresh comfrey leaf in your salad is more than enough for good health.

We humans need to stop thinking that if a little is very good that a lot will be better.

Kind regards.

Estie