Question
Posted by: Rod | 2004/03/01

combined pain in right leg, on right side of shin and upper calf muscle, with leg feeling heavy

I have for the last 3 days experienced a combined pain in my right leg, particularly on the right side of my shin and in upper calf muscle leading to my inner right leg. My leg also feels heavy at times. The pain at its peak feels like severe cramping and is contineous.

I am concerned that I may be in for something serious such as a stroke or that my circulation for some reason is not what it should be in the right leg. Is it likely to be a muscular pain, or could it be something more serious where I need further consultation?

Rod, it sounds like it might be due to a pinched nerve in your back, but I suppose it might also be due to a problem with the blood flow in the leg. The best would be to see your GP and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.