Question
Posted by: Curios | 2004/01/19

Colonic irrigatiion

I have been hearing a lot about colonic irrigation. I have heard all the plus sides, but what are the downsides (if any)? Where would you find a place to do this in the western cape and what kind og costs are involves?

Dear Curious
I am personally not really in favour of this procedure as it will also remove all the 'good' microorganisms from the colon, something that is not conducive to good health. Unless you are suffering from colonic impaction, I would rather advise that you take supplements containing 'good' microorganisms such as Bifidoflora or Bifidoforte (buy at health shops) and increase your dietary fibre and water intake to promote regularity.
Take care