Posted by: B'  | 2008/10/13

Colon cleansing

I would like to do colon cleansing , I' m struggling to find the Enema equipment. Do you know where I can get this

I went to several pharmacies and nobody seems to have a clue of what I' m talking about.

Can you help maybe I' m using the wrong words

Dear B'
I am totally opposed to colon cleansing as there is no need for this kind of procedure. You must also be very careful if you do this type of procedure by yourself as you can perforate the bowel and cause a great deal of damage. Please for your own sake rather use a high-fibre diet, and probiotics ('good microorganisms' which you can buy at health shops) to ensure regularity and counteract constipation. If you have colon problems click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy.
Take care

Posted by: ilse | 2008/10/13

B or alternative you can ask your doctor for clean prep it issachet that you mix with water and drink that

Reply to ilse
Posted by: GW | 2008/10/13

Hi B - I think what you' re looking for is colonic irrigation - best done by a qualified professional, can be dangerous otherwise. Suggest you google -"  Colon Irrigation Suppliers"  and click on South Africa. Hope this helps. Beauty Salons in your area should also be able to put you in touch with someone qualified in this field. Flax seeds (2 Tbspns per day sprinkled over yoghurt/cereal) are great for cleansing too.

Reply to GW