Question
Posted by: zingie | 2007/06/05

colon

I have a problem with my colon, I eat almost 4 times a day but don't have an urge to go to the toilet to pass stool and when I go, it will be painfull and bleed. I was given laxative to clean my colon for 3 days and not eating anything except drinking liquids(apple Juice) and 4th day went for colonoscopy but they discovered that my colon was full of stool inspite of the enema and colo-prep that I used in the past 3 days. My diet is fine and since colonoscopy, I haven't passed stool at all. I eat and I'm on anti-biotics but never had the urge. This is my 7th day after my last stool due to laxatives
prescribed for colonoscopy. Help

Dear Zingie
You may have a problem with the nerves of the colon. Sometimes one has to "train" a sick colon to go regularly. Try taking fybogel orange twice a day with a full cup of tea/any other hot drink and try and drink 8 cups of fluid per day. Put a gliserine suppository in the rectum every 2nd morning for 2 weeks and make time to go and sit on the toilet for a while. Try and get some exercise daily - walking for 15-20 mins is fine. If nothing happens in 3 days, give yourself an enema - one gets a enema gadget at the pharmacy that looks like a lightbulb with a thin plastic spout - use luke warm water, and try to keep it in for a few minutes before going to the toilet.