Question
Posted by: nick | 2007/02/19

collar bone/rotator cuff

Hi, I ran into someone while playing football yesterday. 5 minutes after the inccident, i felt pain from my shoulder at the far end, beside the roator cuff. I spent the majority of the game trying to rotate my arm and keep it loose despite the pain. I took paracetomal at home, then went to work. the pain started to become severe after work, and only got about 4 hours sleep due to it. I now can only lift it a few inches from my body, and have no strength at all. There was also a crncing sound when trying to lift it. I noticed that a bone n the end of my should stuck out more than the one on the opposite side, but it doesnt hurt to touch that A broken collar bone crossed my mind, but the main area od pain when adding pressure is the usscle area beside the Rotator Cuff. I just wondered if an expert might have an idea if it could be a broken collar bone. I have completely no strenght in the arm. Thanks, Nick

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Nick
A number of possibilites. you could've torn/sprained a muscle in the shoulder. A collar bone usually is very tender on the fracture site.
It could be a question of dislocation of the shoulder.
DrP

1
Posted by: nick | 2007/02/20

thanks - mobility has improved slightly today, but is still agony. If i'm still suffering from it by tomorrow or thursday, ill go see a doctor.

Thanks for the help!

Reply to nick