Question
Posted by: Ray | 2007/11/27

COLITIS

I was first diagnosed with ulcertaive colitis around 6 years ago. Since then it has re-occurred two or three times and quickly been controlled with anti - inflammatory supposities. Over the past two weeks I have noticed a very small amount of blood on the toilet paper three or four times(same symptoms as previously). It seems that this occurs when I force the stooI.Should I see the specialist or is it safe to just treat myself with the suppositries / coli-foam which I still have left from the previous time?

Dear Ray
No you should see your doctor please - the risk of getting seriously ill if this gets out of hand is too big..