Question
Posted by: diva | 2007/05/14

Colds & Flu

Last winter I had a cold and my left ear developed an infection - very painful of which the GP recommended neodixone drops and the pain went away. This time around I had a flu and the same ear is sometimes blocking - as if it has some water in it and it is not painful at all. What could be the problem is it infection from flu or its something else. I was thinking of getting the neodixone drops once more?

Dear Diva
Let your GP have a look - you may have phlegm of fluid behind the ear drum or an infection in the external ear canal.