Question
Posted by: worried | 2003/01/15

Cold Sore

I am getting married in 2 months, and I am SO worried that I am going to get a cold sore the week before. I suffer alot from them, I get them before a period, when I have been in the sun and when I am stressed. A wedding is a very stressful thing to plan, and I cant exactly get away from it. Is there anything that I can take before my wedding that will prevent it?

Worried, I think you should come out shooting with all guns as soon as you feel the first tingling sensation. You can put on a cream like Zovirax® at least 5 times a day and also ask your pharmacist for an amino acid called l-lysine. It’s cheap and works wonders. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/01/16

Dear Worried
You may be interested in our comprehensive article on cold sores in the section: A-Z of diseases. Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24