Posted by: Metallica Mom | 2008/07/03

Cold Medicine

I'm not very far in my Pregnancy, (5 weeks). I woke up this morning, feeling a cold coming on. I've done some research and i see that Tylenol is recommended for colds and flu. I usually get colds and flu quite bad and usually the only thing that works is antibiotics... Are antibiotics an absolute no go?

Considering another medication "problem" - i am a chronic eczema sufferer and use a cortisone & aqueous topical cream mixture daily to keep the eczema at bay - is this dangerous for the baby?

All advice is appreciated.

Some antibiotics are safe in pregnancy but remember that most flu is viral and does not need antibiotics. A topical steroid cream can be used. If it is high dose cortisone, it may be better not to use it every day.