Question
Posted by: Lizel | 2004/12/06

cold meats & pregnancy

I'm 13wks preggie and I eat cold meats especially sandwich ham almost everyday and I also eat boiled viennas or russians. Are this bad food for pregnancy? If so, what effets could they have? Other than that I try to eat as much healthy as I can.

These are fine. The foods to avoid are raw foods like sushi.

2
Posted by: TIlli | 2004/12/06

Hi Lizel,
One thing to note - do not eat smoked products everyday (i.e. smoked ham, smoked turkey etc). My gynae said eating excessive smoked products can be harmful as the nitrates (I think it is) reduce the oxygen content of your blood - like most things - in moderation there is no harm!
I just thought I would tell you in case you eating smoked viennas or ham every day!
Enjoy your pregnancy!

Reply to TIlli
Posted by: Mich | 2004/12/06

Hi There Lizel.
I am 6 months pregnant and also had this craving for cold meat, polony and viennas on buttered bread. i think that it is normal. In the 3 months, I have only put on 3 kilos from which I have a kilo on my last visit which was on Saturday. Enjoy your meals. It is healthy.
You must also try polony snackwich. It tastes absolutely lovely.
Regards,
Mich

Reply to Mich