Question
Posted by: danni | 2007/06/18

Cold feet

I have very very cold feet. The never seem to get warm, even when I wear boots. I'm generally healthy and not on any longterm medication. should I be worried? My mother is forever saying that cold feet is a result of poor circulation. What can I do?
Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

It is more than likely due to a circulatory condition called Raynaud`s phenomenon where cold causes a constriction in the artery and you get perpetual cold feet and sometimes hands.
It needs to be seen first by the GP in severe cases a vascular surgeon may be consulted, and some oral meds and common sense often helps
Most importantly DONT SMOKE NOW OR EVER< IF YOU DO STOP YESTERDAY, as smoking will exacerbate this condition 10fold