Question
Posted by: sea princess | 2012/08/23

cold allergy?

i was wondering if it''s possible to be allergic to cold temperatures. last year for the 1st time i started to itch terribly when exposed to the cold weather. and now its'' happening again. esp on my hands, fingers and legs???? i dress warmly, but given the nature of my work am often exposed to cold outdoors.

help

Sea Princess

You are experiencing cold urticaria or a cold allergy. This can present with whole body reaction to the cold, in the form of redness, swelling, hives and itching on the skin. You can take an antihistamine available over the counter before exposure to the cold.