Question
Posted by: stone | 2004/10/13

cold

hi docs just want to know if you have emotional stress for a long
period of time,does your body have its own way of sorting it out
i keep finding myself wondering why i get this funny feelings
panic attack,sometimes i feel like my heart is skipping a beat,
othertimes i feel like i cant breath

Hello stone,
Continuing stress can have various effects on our bodies and minds, including anxiety and panic attacks, which include a more rapid pulse rate, and an increased awareness of our heart beat, which may feel worrying even if there's nothing wrong with our heart. Breathing can become uncomfortable, with a feeling that you're not getting in enough air --- thouh in fact you are, and breathing too hard, with too many sighs, can change the chemical balance in one's blood, and make us feel; very odd indeed. One may be more sweaty, trembly, and other physical symptoms, caused by the stress / anxiety, can scare us --- adding to the strss and then to the symptoms themselves. See a good shrink for a proper assessment and advice on treatment which can cleasr this up quite soon and effectively.