Question
Posted by: prince | 2003/12/12

coke - problematic?

hi doc,

cold you please tell me what is the disadvantage of consuming too much mineral into my system (esp. coca cola)?

thanx

Dear Prince
Drinking too much cola-containing soft drinks can have the following negative effects on health: a) a large increase in energy intake if the products are sweetened, esp as sweetened drinks appear to have a more pronounced effect on weight gain than sweetened low-fat foods b) tooth decay as these beverages not only expose your teeth to carbohydrate in the form of sugar, but also to acid c) potential deficiencies if you replace nutritious foods with these beverages d) potential 'addiction' to the caffeine such drinks contain.
There is no harm in having a glass of cold drink every now and again, but please don't drink litres and litres on a daily basis.