Question
Posted by: Confused | 2004/12/03

Cofused bout sexuality

I'm really confused about whether I'm straight or lesbian? My heart says one thing and my consious something else. I was molested as a child. Is it possible to feel attracted to women 'cause of my past?????

Actually, there's not much evidence of an association between molestation as a child, and shift of gender identity. A fair proportion of normal people happen to be gay / lesbian / homosexual, even after entirely normal childhoods. Earlier moestaton may perhaps add to the existing natural degree of sexual identity confusion around adolescence ( you didn't mention your age ) ; though aain many people have some doubts or undertainty for a few years. And sometimes, in anyone, and maybe more so if one has been abused, one craves a relationship with someone who will be comforting, nurturing, and safe, irrespective of gender or sexual interest.
But if your sexual identity is confusing and troubling you, seeing a counsellor to talk this through and udnerstand yourself better, should help a lot

2
Posted by: Confused | 2004/12/03

It's not as easy as just sleeping with a guy and then a girl. I'm 30 and am so scared of men that I can die. Meaning that I can't handle a guy close to me. I've had a relationship with another woman, which was great but morally I can't make peace with being a lesbian. My family didn't want anything to do with me when I was with her. So really, what I'm saying is that I don't want to be gay. Can you choose?????? Don't know.

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Chelsa | 2004/12/03

why dont you sleep with a guy than a girl and see which one you like best. that should help clear the air another good idea would be to picture your ideal partner but dont add a sex ogran to them. and then imagne having sex your 'ideal partner' and if imagine it with a penis or boob you know your answer

Reply to Chelsa