Question
Posted by: Coffee Fanatic | 2006/04/20

Coffee Fanatic

I am on Herbal Life currently and drink about 2 1/2 to 3 litres of water per day. I train 3-4 times per week.

I drink 4 cups of coffee per day? Will this slow down my weigh loss? I also battle to use the fat around my stomach area. Please help

Dear Coffee Fanatic
I don't think the 4 cups of coffee a day will affect your weight loss, because caffeine is a mild diuretic. I would, however, not exceed 2,5 litres of water a day as this can derange your electrolyte balance due to loss of important mineral like potassium and sodium which can cause water retention. To promote weight loss in specific areas, you need to do targeted exercises, such as sit-ups and pelvic thrusts. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for a set of home exercises that target the tummy.