Question
Posted by: Coffee Adict | 2004/10/18

Coffee and Acne

Thanks for your article on acne and the diet. It takes out half of my question. Im in my twenty's and have horrible acne. i am on dianne wich worked great for two years. I stopped it for 6 months on my docters request and are now back on it for more then a year with no change what so ever.

My question though I drink an average of 4-10 cups of coffee today with only about 2 glasses of water. My skin is very oily but at the same time looks like my mother would say, I have scabs my skin looks so dry. Can coffee have this bad affect on my skin or can this be something else.

Dear Coffee Addict
Although you are overdoing your coffee intake, I don't think this is the cause of your skin problems. If you have not yet consulted a Dermatologist, please do so as you may require another type of treatment for the acne and he/she can also diagnose what is causing your dry, scaly skin and treat that too.

1
Posted by: mik | 2004/10/20

I have just stopped taking the pill and have a couple of questions.
1. Is it true that one loses weight once stopping taking the pill?
2. Will I suffer from skin break outs?
3. What other side effects can I expect.

thanks

Reply to mik