Question
Posted by: Leo | 2007/02/28

CODEPENDENT DRUG ADDICT

How do I help/support a codependent drug addict?

Clarence's response is sound. The codependent needs to make himself / herself less and less available physically, and less available psychologically to the addict, who needs to be encouraged to work with a proper rehab program and shrink to get clear and stay clear of their drugs of choice

2
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/03/01

Tough Love is a brilliant organisation google tough love to find one in your area.

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Clarence. | 2007/03/01

Talk sense into his head. This person might feel he owes the addict something, though the best way for him to help, is by cutting cords and letting go. Making the addict understand he is no longer available for him / her. My dad used to be my codependant, because he was scared I would tell on him for sexually and mentally abusing me for many, MANY years. He must cut lose. It's what's best for himself, and the addict.

Reply to Clarence.