Question
Posted by: ssnoopy | 2008/01/19

Cocyx skew

Can a cocyx that has turned sideways into the bowl section cause constipation or diffficulty in passing faeces.Could sitting with your legs crossed cause the cocyx to be in this position.

If so what would be your suggestion to rid one of the constipation caused by the above

Dear Snoopy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I am uncertain of what exactly you mean by the cocyx turned sideways. Was x-rays done to confirm this? Or do you have an old injury that caused this? I am also not sure if this can cause constipation.

If you are passing hard stools and feeling constipated, I recommend that you take Laxette syrup, 10 ml, twice daily, as well as two Softlax tablets at night, for at least 7 days. You should also follow a correct diet, as well as drinking 8 glasses of water per day.

Kind regards