Question
Posted by: y | 2008/01/08

coccyx removal

I fell of a quadbike in 2006 and had my coccyx removed mid
October 2007. I do cycling and would love to get back in the seat, but i still have difficulty to sit. My wound has only closed up completely 2 weeks ago. How long does it take to sit without pain and when can i get back on my bike?? Will acupunture treatments help??

Hi Y

Honestly, I would be guessing if I gave you a time frame. I think on this one, you need to consult with the doctors who have been treating you and assisting your progress so far. For me, as a rank outsider, and not a surgeon or medical doctor anyway, to make a recommendation would be hazardous! So as much as I hate to pass the buck, you need to consider your attending doctors for this one!