Question
Posted by: Cath | 2003/02/19

Coccyx Pain

I have developed a very uncomfortable pain in my coccyx over the last few days. I have not fallen or bumped my coccyx but feel like I have bruised it. I am battling to sit comfortably at work and on the couch at home. It started on Friday last week. I think I could have hurt it by putting pressure on it by not sitting correctly in my chair at work. I sit for about 7 hours. I do try to walk around every now and then.

I put an ice pack on my coccyx on Friday and Saturday night but don't think it helped. What do you think I have done to hurt my coccyx and what can I do to repair it?

Cath, I have no idea what you did, but the best would be to take anti-inflammatory drugs (Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc.) for a couple of days and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear up within 3-5 days the best would be to see your GP. Good luck.