Question
Posted by: mudz | 2003/01/23

Coccyx Pain

I returned Sept '02 from vacation in Canada, after 2 weeks developed pain in my coccyx & thought that it was related to the long flight as I did not fall or injure the coccyx. I am a female 43yrs of age. I have been for xrays (MRI) results showed slight degenerative disk yet the pain is not at all in my back but mostly tip of coccyx & deep into the buttocks. The pain is not there all the time but only when I sit for long periods & also when I sleep & have to turn. There are times when my right thigh feels numb and has a burning feeling.
I am currently on medication (Vioxx 25mg) previously took "Arthrixin & Diplofenac" but still have the pain. I have also purchased from the Chemist a hoop cushion which I use at the office & in the car. I have also developed pain in the joint of my middle left finger which is more prominent in the mornings and gets better as the day progresses, I sometimes get the urge to crack it but it is very painful even when I try that. Please tell me what this nagaging pain could be!!!

Mudz, it sounds like you have a form of arthritis, but I can’t say for sure without examining you first. Maybe the best would be to have blood take for an arthritis profile and if anything turns up positive, to see a rheumatologist. Good luck.