Posted by: Joan | 2004/02/03


Hi Doc

I fell on my coccyx on the 25th of January while ice scating. I am 42 years old. It still hurts a lot after almost 2 weeks. I am a regular runner, but are not running at the moment as I am constantly feeling a dull sense of pain sitting and walking or if any form of pressure is exerted against it. It is rather irritating and was wondering whether I should go and see a doctor who will most likely just refer me for x-rays. Your comments would be appreciated.

Kind regards


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Joan, the best would be to have an x-ray taken to find out what the problem is. It might just be a little crack, but it might also be that it broke of completely and moved, and this may cause serious problems later on in life. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.