Question
Posted by: Joan | 2004/02/03

coccyx

I fell on my coccyx on the 25th of January while ice scating. I am 42 years old. It still hurts a lot after almost 2 weeks. I am a regular runner, but are not running at the moment as I am constantly feeling a dull sense of pain sitting and walking or if any form of pressure is exerted against it. It is rather irritating and was wondering whether I should go and see a doctor who will most likely just refer me for x-rays. Your comments would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Joan

Joan, the best would be to have an x-ray taken to find out what the problem is. It might just be a little crack, but it might also be that it broke of completely and moved, and this may cause serious problems later on in life. Good luck.