Question
Posted by: What the?? | 2004/02/23

Cocaine Exctacy Weed alcahol

Hi All,

I have been reading on this site for about a month now and hearinf the problems with addiction I have come to realise that I may too have a problem. I have been taking drugs for about 9 years now on and off, It has never been a dailky or even weekly ruitene but Since I met my girlfriend 8 months ago I hav erealised that it is actually difficult to stop these monthly abnd sometimes twice monthly drug binges. keep in mind that this behaviour is totally acceptable amongst my friends and is not even seen as a problem.

I am starting to fear that this stuff is grabing a hold of my life and will ruin things wityh my gf who I love dearly (she doesnt know about this problem) this weekend was the last straw for me as I had 2 grams of coke and 3 pills I have been a daily weed smoker for many years and somehow managing to hide it from everyone that matters to me. If you met me you would never guess this of me.

I woke up this morning and have promised myself to not continue like this. I know I can do it alone s I have done it before but obvously not kept at it. I think it is the alchohol as every time I am drunk I lose my inabitions and get hold of the stuff.

The guilt is killing me. I know that this may not sound a problem to a lot of you but twice a month is twice a month to much. I don't think rehab is an option. I am going to try this alone and I am determined to get through it. I don't know why I am writing about this but I will keep you updated after ecery weekend.

I just want to put this crap behind me.

Sounds like you've made a very sensible and wise decision --- good luck in managing to keep to your resolution !
Your message raises numerous important points. I believe that drug abuse, like alcohol abuse, can have diferent forms, some are better recognized in their alcoholism-form than otherwise. For instance, while some alcoholics drink very heavily every day, some are sober between binges which come at weekends, or once a month. But the common feature is episodes when the drinking gets way out of control. t's like the drugs are taking you, rather than the other way round.
Another aspect is the way alcohol facilitates drug abuse, by reducing one's wisdom ( wisdom is always soluble in alcohol !) and inhibitions, in the same way as many people find that smoking makes them feel like a drink, and drinking makes them feel like a smoke.
Smiarly, as you've perhaps noticed and realised, whenever something you are doing ( like these drugs ) makes you fel that you need to hide it from others, that does indicate that you think it is wrong, and at some level fel you shouldn't be doing it.
By all means achieve this on your own, if you can. But if you find it a bit hard to manage on your own, don't be too dogmatic about having to do it alone --- what matters most of all is getting straight, in whatever way works best for you.
And it's probably a sensible move to share your decision with us here, and to report back on progress, as it provides a useful external check on your aim and progress,

6
Posted by: wheat | 2004/03/29

you all suck drugs are the best and always will be i smoke a pound by the day an dim loving it nigga

Reply to wheat
Posted by: naz | 2004/02/23

I admire you for coming out in the open and admitting that you have a problem. I know of somebody that has been an addict for years, went to rehad and stayed clean for almost 2 years. He relapsed on several occassion and it seems to be a trend that he relapses every 2 months now. He also attends NA meetings every day of his life and I have come to realise one thing in life. like the NA meetings will teach you, "you need to turn to your higher powers". Ask yourself, who is your higher powers, GOD, so turn to him and he is the only one that will be able to help you. Good Luck, it is not worth it, you will end up loosing everything, including your life. Do can do anything you put your mind to...

Reply to naz
Posted by: ex-user | 2004/02/23

Hi there;

first of all you have made the first step; yes you do have a problem; my husband and I also thought we had it under control only using once a month maybe even longer.
But when you break away you relize how much of a problem you did have.
But I do belive you must share with your g/f because you will need her help to keep you away from situations that will tempt you. Because we found that it was the key to keep away from people and places that will allow you to indulge.

Good Luck

Reply to ex-user
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/02/23

What the!!

CONGRATS you have made the most important step admitting you have a problem and that you are powerless over this addiction , my drug habbit was also sparked by drinking cause drinking is so exeptable like you also said its not easy doing it on your own althou you may be very strong willed you need a support group, do you know about NA meetings? its a meeting where recovering addicts meet and they help each other and support each other giving advise through the NA 12 step program and ITS FREE! meetings take place all over,
but then you also have to figure out why you take drugs drugs or alcohol abuse is due to a lack in our soul or self ???you are
using like i would say "boosting the image and feel good drugs*
so are you suffering from low self esteem or self worth
i have been clean for about 7 months and trust me its worth it YOU ARE WORTH IT> your gf seems like a secure and wonderful foundation in your life ......... so build on yourself
so you can be able to stand with her .
GOOD LUCK

if you want to chat or just find out more about NA meetings etc
you can email me skoffeldrakie@yahoo.com

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: What The?? | 2004/02/23

Thank you Dee,

Good sound advise one problem however, I live with these friends, I am in the process of trying to get my own place I do have to wait for my GF to get work first as it would just be too expensive.

I have said to her that I would like to spend more time with her over the weekends and hopefully this should also help with limiting time with my friends, I am also trying to get them to give it up.

Reply to What The??
Posted by: Dee | 2004/02/23

I have never used drugs so perhaps I'm not the right person to give advise but if I may:

I think you must slowly but surely get rid of your drug user friends. You say your girlfriend does not know of any of this so I take it that she also don't use any drugs. So why not for the next few months only spend time with her and stay away from your friends who might influence you to use drugs. I don't say you must never see them again, but give yourself some time to get strong and clean and then you can hang out with them again.

Good luck and make sure that it does not go to far and you end up loosing more than just your girlfriend.

Reply to Dee