Question
Posted by: JC | 2007/12/10

Cocaine abuse

Both me and my wife have been taking cocaine on occasions. We are however planning a family. How long after use is it actually safe to conceive?

JC

Dear JC
Although Cocaine's half life is about 1 hour, it is a good rule to avoid cocaine at least 6 weeks before you conceive. Your wife must please NOT use cocaine during the pregnancy as it impairs the growing child's short term memory and language skills and it can cause intra-uterine death.
See http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/illegaldrugs.html