Question
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/10/14

Co-workers...aaaarrrrrggghhh!!

I just want to moan! My boss gave me the rest of the day off from 1, and just as I'd switched off my computer, one of my co-workers walked in. His story, I have to prepare 7 contracts for him. When I told him I was leaving, he said that it was urgent as the contractors were waiting to sign the contracts...and he's not here tomorrow either (off galivanting to a braai, I know, I was invited too, but chose not to go). So anyway, he's just brought the list of documents to be prepared - 3 are turnkeys - 80 pages long. It's going to take my printer forever to print! He knows I'm angry as hell at him, especially because he knows I can see on the lists that these projects were approved on monday already!!! But that's his style. Leave everything to last minute to put me under pressure. My boss never supports me on this - he says I should rather keep the peace. I'm angry, because of this last minute rushing, I can guarantee that at least 4 of these contracts are going to be wrong (my boss left shortly after he said I could leave)... I would have rather discussed this with him, but ja, let me take the blame for delaying these projects because they're already over 2 months late due to Mr lazybones leaving it all to the last minute as per usual!!!

I don't think I'll get any sympathy here????

Moan away ! What a selfish, thoughtless idiot, and so badly organized that he doesn't deserve his seniority. Pity your boss doesn't stand up for you. Maybe just politely and pleasantly tell him, in a little detail, what appened on your afternoon off. Are you the only secretary this guy can annoy in this way, or could he also spoil the sday of others ? And asj your boss which day you should take off in lieu of the afternoon that was missed. And just keep a proper record, of WHEN the contract arrived, and when you finished working on them, in case this comes in handy. And record the fact that you were concerned that you weren't able because of the timing Mr X chose, to run them by your boss for checking, so you hope they're fine. And about that cuppa coffee ?

5
Posted by: J | 2004/10/14

M
Jy's reg...bly maar tot 4 uur.Dalk sal jou baas jou more af gee.Dis in elk geval beter want is Vrydag!!!!

Reply to J
Posted by: Mindufl | 2004/10/14

J,

Toemaar, ek drink ook niks wat vir my gemaak is nie! (Hier in elkgeval). Lyk my die duiwel is los hier in die kantoor, die argumente breek nou ooral uit, en ek word nou lekker beskinder oor ek kwaad geword het! Wel, my middag af is daarmee heen... Ek kan nou maar net so wel bly tot 4 uur.

Reply to Mindufl
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

EK struggle met die taal. Maar ek sal probeer...

hier is a stuk advise: Maak jou eie coffee ;-)

Liefde

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: J | 2004/10/14

PARIS!!!!

Skaam jou....

Ek drink nie meer koffie wat my medewerkers vir my aanbied nie, dalk is dit jy of Mindful....he he he!!

Reply to J
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

Offer to make him a niiiiiiiiiiice cup of coffee. Then spit in it! *smile*

What a doos!

Reply to PARIS