Question
Posted by: working girl | 2004/11/15

co-workers and bosses

Why is it when bosses or co-workers have personal or work related problems, they take it out on others? My boss has been in a foul mood because of some account – and me – the receptionist who does not have a clue of what is happening in their offices – has to suffer.

A co-worker had a bad week-end, and who gets the beating?

Not a day goes by that I don’t have a problem, but I don’t take it out on them. As soon as I enter the building, I leave my problems behind – if my problems comes to me by phone, at work, I deal with it there but as soon as I put the phone down its history, till I get home, then I’ll deal with it then. I don’t go home and take it out on my helper, or the dog, or my kids!
I’m sick and tired of being “in the wrong place at the wrong time”.

It's called a pecking order. In a bunch of chickens, the big rooster pecks the next biggest rooster when he feels bad. And that rooster pecks the next one, and so on down through the hens. They don't snarl at the people who have caused their problem ( maybe they're scared to do so ) but at the most harmless person around. Don't take it to heart, and next time he growls at you, picture him as a big rooster, with his big red comb flopping, and packing away at the desk.

1
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/15

Congratulations, its not many people that can leave their problems behind and act as if nothing is wrong. Thats a gift that the other people around you do not have. Consider yourself lucky to have people that look up to you and feel that they can confide their problems in you. As for the boss that just craps on you, take it with a smile and think of your bonus you'll get at the end of the year.... Management is like a tree, imagine all the bosses sitting on different levels of branches in the tree. All the workers on the bottom branches. When they look down, they see a bunch of smiling faces, when we look up, we see a bunch of a*rses!

Reply to Mona