Posted by: Harri | 2011/08/10


Hi " cyberdoc" 

My father and sister have both been diagnosed with C.M.T.

My sister passed away at 35 after being bed ridden for many years, but my father has however been living a great life with minor difficulties.

My husband and I are trying for a baby but doctors don''t know much about C.M.T.

Where can I go to find out if I am a carrier, will my baby be affected etc?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You can go to your nearest pathology lab to test for genetic markers to identify if you are a carrier for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Please refer to the following link for more information about the disease:

It is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders and it is therefore, very important to have yourself tested.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.