Question
Posted by: Penny | 2004/01/12

cluster migraine

some months ago developed severe what i thought was earache, however, a ct scan showed no problem with my ear.my gp suggests it may be cluster migraines ( daily!) pls can you give me typical symptoms of this. i have RA and wonder if the medication could be the cause.i am on Methotrexate,prednisone, plasmaquine and brufen retard
Please give me some advice
Many thanks
Penni

Penny, the most common characteristics of a cluster headache are the following:
„Ò Headache lasts 15 minutes - 2 hours up to 4 - 8 times a day
„Ò Male more than female
„Ò Attacks come in clusters of 4 - 12 weeks with problem-free months in between
„Ò Located on one side and frequently involves the eye or the area around the eye
„Ò Severe to excruciating intensity
„Ò Penetrating and stabbing pain
„Ò Nausea and / or vomiting
„Ò Sensitivity to light and / or sound
„Ò Bloodshot eye and / or increased tears
„Ò Swelling and / or drooping of eyelid
„Ò Blocked or runny nose
The headaches might be due to any of the drugs you¡¦re taking, but it isn¡¦t a common problem. If the RA is in your neck, it might definitely be the cause of your headache and having a neck x-ray taken isn¡¦t a bad idea. Good luck.

1
Posted by: penny | 2004/01/14

thanx for your advice, did have cat scan on my neck which only showed up RA hotspots - when u have a sec can you let me know what the side effects of plasmoquine are?
thank you for a wonderful site
Penny

Reply to penny